Ilva Eigus, the fourteen-year-old daughter of a Latvian mathematician and a Swiss jazz musician, is currently a student at the PreCollege of the Zurich University of the Arts and at the K&S Gymnasium Rämibühl. She started playing the violin at the age of three and a half and has been studying with Liana Tretiakova at the Zakhar Bron School of Music since 2011. Ilva also plays the piano and attends the Musikschule Konservatorium Zürich (MKZ) in the class of Dmitry Demyashkin. Ilva regularly receives violin lessons from the internationally renowned violin teacher Prof. Zakhar Bron and other renowned music teachers worldwide.
Ilva receives a Pierino Ambrosoli Foundation Scholarship for the 2019/2020 school year.
- 1st prize with distinction in the SJMW Entrada (Winterthur) and - 1st prize in the SJMW Finale (Lugano) in chamber music (age category under 14 years)
2020 among others
Report on Ilva's successes in December 2020 in the SRF program "10 vor 10" , in Blick TV, in Blick Zeitung and a portrait in the Tagesanzeiger
- Masterclasses with Prof. Bron, Prof. V. Tretiakov, Prof. E. Hoppe, Maestro D. Hope, Prof. Priya Mitchell, Alexandra Soumm, Prof. Claire Oppert (chamber music)
- 1st prize in the junior category at the boarding school. Online competition "Grand Prize Virtuoso" with a performance at the Mozarteum, Salzburg
- 1st prize at the prestigious XXI international competition for young musicians "Nutcracker" in Moscow, Russia (in the final she played with the Moscow Philharmonic under the direction of Mikhail Shekhtman in the Tchaikovsky Concert Hall), numerous TV interviews
- Winner of the popular Russian talent show "Blue Bird" in Moscow, Russia (in the final she performed two pieces for two violins by Shostakovich with Maestro Vadim Repin)